Application Materials for Overseas Credential Evaluation—Applicable to Foreign Nationals
1. All materials required for Evaluation Application need to be uploaded online in electronic version. Please do not send the original application materials to our Center.
2. lored scanned copy of the original, and should be faithful to the original and clear and complete. Otherwise, the progress of the evaluation may be affected, and evaluation may fail.
3. If multiple credentials need to be evaluated, each credential must be submitted for Evaluation Application separately. Please do not upload multiple credentials in one Evaluation Application.
I. Overseas Credentials or Higher Education Qualifications to be evaluated (hereinafter referred to as the Credential). Upload file format: pdf with each no more than 5M.
1. Credential to be evaluated are generally written in the official language of the host country/region. For Credential in two languages, the Credential in the source language must be uploaded, and the Credential in the other language may be uploaded Optionally;
2. If there is text on the front and back of the Credential to be evaluated, scanned copies of both sides should be provided at the same time;
3. If the applicant is unable to provide the awarded Credential, our Center cannot provide Evaluation Services in principle.
If the Credential is lost, the applicant should apply to the Awarding Body for a reissued certificate before submitting the Evaluation Application. If the Awarding Body is unable to reissue the certificate, a copy of the certificate or proof that the degree was awarded (usually issued by the student registration department or the academic affairs department) officially issued by the institution, and a Statement(download the template and upload it after completion) should be provided. Please note that such applicants are also required to submit their complete academic transcripts during the study period.
Please note that Letters of Certification are often difficult to verify, so the evaluation time may exceed the normal Evaluation Period of Credential, and it may even result in evaluation failure. There may be differences between the Evaluation Results obtained by submitting an application with Letter of Certification and the Evaluation Results obtained by submitting an application with a credential. After the evaluation is completed, our Center will not accept Evaluation Review applications that require the replacement of evaluated objects.
II. The first page (personal information page) of the applicant’s passport within the validity period. Upload file format: jpg with each no more than 1M.
Applicants studying in countries other than China: The first page (personal information page) of the applicant’s passport within the validity period should be provided. Those who have studied and obtained a credential in a country (region) that is inconsistent with the nationality shown in the passport are also required to provide the first page (personal information page) of the passport used during the study period, entry and exit stamps and visa. If there are no visa and entry and exit stamps due to any visa-free policy and other factors, they need not be provided.
Applicants studying in Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan: The first page (personal information page)of the applicant’s passport within the validity period, the first page (personal information page)of the passport used by the applicant during the study period, the visa page and the entry and exit stamps should be provided. If there are no visa and entry and exit stamps due to any visa-free policy and other factors, they need not be provided.
Applicants studying in Chinese-foreign Cooperative Education Projects/Institutions: If you have studied outside China for less than 6 months (180 days), you need to provide the first page (personal information page) of your passport used during the study period and the first page (personal information page)of your passport within the validity period. If you have studied outside China for more than 6 months (180 days), please prepare the materials in accordance with the requirements for studying overseas or in Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan.
How to handle special circumstances (click to expand/close):
(1) What if you lose your passport/pass during the study period?
If the passport/pass used during the study period is lost, a Declaration of Inability to Submit Passport/Pass Used during Study Abroad (download the template and upload it after completion) and relevant materials that prove the place of studying should be provided.
(2) How to deal with changes in personal information?
If the personal information on the passport within the validity period does not match that on the credential, additional documents related to the changes in personal information should be provided.
III. One recent standard ID photo without limit on background color. Upload file format: jpg with each no more than 1M.
IV. The Consent Letter completed and signed according to the requirements of the Chinese Service Center for Scholarly Exchange. Upload file format: pdf with each no more than 1M.
In accordance with the requirements of institutions in various countries/regions, our Center needs to obtain written Consent Letter from the certificate holder to verify the authenticity of the credential. Applicants are required to complete the Consent Letter in English or the source language of the country where they study, and must sign their names by hand to ensure effective verification.
Consent Letter download:
Foreign general version (the general version of the Consent Letter is applicable to most institutions. A few institutions have special requirements for authorization content. Please click the country below to view details.)
Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan version (Applicants for Credential Evaluation in Hong Kong must fill in their student ID and HKID, and fill in “none” if they have no student ID and HKID.)
V. Other related materials. Upload file format: jpg with each no more than 1M.
1. Applicants whose study time at the Awarding Body does not meet the requirements of the educational system must provide complete academic transcripts or proof of research during the study period;
2. Applicants who have studied in multiple countries or institutions, or whose attending institutions are not in the same country as that of the Awarding Body must submit complete academic transcripts during the study period;
3. In order to accurately judge the applicant’s professional field, the applicant is advised to submit a complete academic transcript during the study period;
4. Due to the differences in the education system of a few countries, additional application materials are required for evaluation in Japan, South Korea, the United Kingdom, Singapore, the Philippines, Pakistan, Malaysia, Italy, Spain, France, Hungary, Ireland, Russia, Belarus, Ukraine (click the country name for details);
5. Other relevant materials that need to be submitted by the applicant to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of evaluation (subject to any notice on supplementary materials).